The position: L-IFT, a Netherland based Research Company focused on youth, is recruiting young Field Researchers who will be paid a modest stipend for a “Young Adult Research for Making Small Scale Savings Work” project to be conducted in three rural towns and peri-urban parts of Benin City and their surroundings: Ekpoma, Ubiaja, Uromi, Adowawa and Ugbowo2, Nigeria. We are looking for 6 potential candidates. The job experience placement will last 3 months plus one week.The work consists of interviewing 20 young people about savings, income and other finance related issues every week. There will be 4 days training and 2-weekly meetings with short training items.
Profile of researchers
The ideal candidate:
- Secondary school diploma required but no previous work experience necessary (the vocational training given will compensate and enhance the skills of the candidate for future job opportunities)
- Member of the community to which the research respondents belong (living in Ekpoma, Ubiaja, Uromi, Adowawa and Ugbowo2 or nearby)
- Youth themselves (minimum 18 years old up to 30 years old)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to relate easily to people and inspire trust (good at encouraging people)
- Have good verbal and written communications
- Speak the local language fluently
- Speak good English
- Have some technology skills (phone skills and preferably some computer skills)
- Have reasonable numerical skills
- Good with people (listener)
- Technology orientation
- Committed to developing his/her country
Only people committed to stay entire period will be able to participate and be paid.
We would particularly appreciate hearing from female candidates
What we offer:
- Very useful on-job training
- Very useful experience in a youth network
- Attaining skills and knowledge, including interview skills, data management skills, skills that may be useful in a range of professions and jobs
- Receiving training from an international team
- Will be introduced to a market research firm for follow-on assignments
- Interesting and enjoyable work
- Remuneration is 500,000 NGN for entire period plus usage of a smart phone and modest travel costs by local transport.
Candidates who are interested need to be available for an interview on 10, 11 or 12 October and available full-time from 15th October until 28 January. There will be extensive travel and flexible hours, also in weekends.
Those interested to apply, please download the Job Application form on the top of this page named Lift Job application form and send this form with your resumes to email@example.com. You can also use +251911179256 via WhatsApp or Viber to apply. Deadline of applications: 25th September 2018. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.