The position: L-IFT, a Netherland based Research Company focused on youth, is recruiting young Field Researchers who will be paid a stipend for a “Refugee Finance Product Development and Diaries” project to be conducted with refugee communities in Nakivale and
Kinyardongo, Uganda. We are looking for 8 potential candidates. The job experience placement will last 9 months. The work consists of interviewing 20 to 30 respondents every week. There will be trainings and 2-weekly meetings with short training items.
Profile of researchers
The ideal candidate:
- Secondary school diploma required but no previous work experience necessary (the vocational training given will compensate and enhance the skills of the candidate for future job opportunities)
- Member of the refugee communities in Nakivale and Kinyardongo or those living very close by and speaking at least one of the refugees’ languages fluently
- Be able to work on foot covering sufficient other refugees (so must live in the middle of refugee communities)
- Youth, enthusiastic and resourceful
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to relate easily to people and inspire trust (good at encouraging people)
- Have good verbal and written communications
- Speak the local language fluently
- Speak good English
- Have some technology skills (phone skills and preferably some computer skills)
- Have reasonable numerical skills
- Good with people (listener)
- Technology orientation
- Committed to developing his/her country
Only people committed to stay entire period will be able to participate and be paid.
We would particularly appreciate hearing from female candidates
What we offer:
- Very useful on-job training
- Very useful experience in a youth network
- Attaining skills and knowledge, including interview skills, data management skills, skills that may be useful in a range of professions and jobs
- Receiving training from an international team
- Become part of L-IFT alumni and will get a chance to other work in the future
- Interesting and enjoyable work
- Remuneration is 188,255 UGX per month plus usage of a smart phone
Candidates who are interested need to be available for training on July 18th. There will be extensive travel and flexible hours, also in weekends.
Those interested to apply, please fill in the Job Application form on our website: www.l-ift.com and send this form with your resumes to email@example.com. You can also use +251911179256 via WhatsApp or Viber to apply. Deadline of applications: 14th July 2019. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.