The position: L-IFT, a Netherland based Research Company focused on youth, is recruiting young Field Researchers who will be paid a stipend for a “Refugee Finance Product Development and Diaries” project to be conducted with refugee communities in Nakivale and Kinyardongo, Uganda. The job experience placement will last at least 6 months.The work consists of interviewing 20 to 30 respondents every week. There will be trainings and 2-weekly meetings with short training items. This is a full-time position of 40 hours work per week, with flexible hours including hours in weekends and public holidays.
Profile of researchers
The ideal candidate:
- Secondary school diploma required but no previous work experience necessary (the vocational training given will compensate and enhance the skills of the candidate for future job opportunities)
- Member of the refugee communities in Kinyardongo or those living very close by and speaking at least one of the refugees’ languages fluently
- Be able to work on foot and by bicycle covering sufficient other refugees (so must live in the middle of refugee communities)
- Young, enthusiastic and resourceful
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to relate easily to people and inspire trust (good at encouraging people)
- Have good verbal and written communications
- Speak the local language fluently
- Speak good English
- Have some technology skills (phone skills and preferably some computer skills)
- Have reasonable numerical skills
- Good with people (listener)
- Technology orientation
- Committed to developing his/her country
Only people committed to stay entire period will be able to participate and be paid.
We would particularly appreciate hearing from female candidates
What we offer:
- Very useful on-job training
- Very useful experience in a youth network
- Attaining skills and knowledge, including interview skills, data management skills, skills that may be useful in a range of professions and jobs
- Receiving training from an international team
- Become part of L-IFT alumni and will get a chance to other work in the future
- Interesting and enjoyable work
- Remuneration is 150,000 UGX per month, with bonus at end when completing the work successfully, plus usage of a smart phone, power-bank, solar lamp & phone charger and bicycle.
Candidates who are interested please apply as soon as possible. We will recruit on a rolling basis, so suitable candidates may be recruited in a few days.
The candidate needs to do extensive travel and work flexible hours, also in weekends and public holidays.
This is a full-time job of at least 40 hours per week.
Those interested to apply, please fill in the Job Application form on our website: www.l-ift.com and send this form with your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use +251911179256 via WhatsApp or Viber to receive application form and to apply. Deadline of applications: 15th November 2019. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.