Position: Field Researchers
Location: To be based in Kiryandongo Refugee Settlement Camp, In Kiryandongo District, Uganda
Employment Type: Contractual, 6 months (8 positions)
Experience: No prior experience is required for this position
Education Qualifications: Senior Six Leavers or Fresh Graduates with no work experience can apply
Anticipated Start date: End of June, 2022
About the project
L-IFT (Low Income Financial Transformation) is a Netherlands based Research Company specialized in diaries research and human centric program design. L-IFT is partnering with the World Bank to implement a Randomized control Trial (RCT) in Kiryandongo Refugee Settlement Camp on the Adoption of Solar for Refugees’ access to solar devices through savings groups.
For this project, we are looking for a highly motivated, trainable and enthusiastic candidates to fill the post of Field Researchers to be based in Kiryandongo refugee settlement camp, in Kiryandongo District, Uganda.
The Field Researchers’ main responsibility is to conduct interviews with saving group members as well as other stakeholder as will be assigned by the supervisors in the assigned study area and provide daily reports including planning of the field work. The field researchers will be expected to adhere to all established ethical and survey protocols during the interviews and maintain excellent data quality.
The Field Researchers shall be directly supervised and work closely with the Field Supervisors and Research Manager
The Field Researcher shall be required to:
- Build rapport with diarists along with other soft skills
- Administer research tools – how to ask questions, how to check completed diaries/data entered by diarists to identify issues
- Administer qualitative interviews – art of probing, documenting information / insights
- Troubleshoot minor issues
- Give feedback on the intervention: what is good, what can be better
- Communicate your respondents’ opinions on the intervention
- Bring or be willing to develop a good understanding of how Village Savings and Loans Associations (VSLAs) work.
- Fair knowledge or willingness to learn about solar devices and their adoption in the settlement camps
- Great commitment to learn quantitative and qualitative data collection
- Experience of data collection through hand held devices (tab/ smartphone) is a plus.
- Should have good written communications
- Should have good command of English and the relevant local language(s) spoken in Kiryandongo refugee settlement camps.
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please complete the Job Application form on our website: www.l-ift.com (which strictly requires applicants to write their motivation for applying and upload their CV). Deadline for application is on 25 May 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.