Position: Junior data analyst (Nairobi, Kenya)
Employment Type: Junior Level, fixed term contract (Full Time)
Salary: As per the organization’s scale
L-IFT (Low Income Financial Transformation) is a Netherlands based Research Company specialized in diaries research and human centric program design. L-IFT uses a unique technology-led diaries research methodology to bring data empowerment to low-income communities which facilitates evidence-based policy design and service delivery. L-IFT conducts research projects in various countries and is building a wealth of data with refugees, youth, women micro-entrepreneurs, small holder farmers and corner shops. L-IFT has developed an app called FINBIT which it uses for data collection. The company is increasingly focusing on self-reported data and empowering people to use their own data for their development as entrepreneurs or employees.
L-IFT is an organization for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. We thrive on our diversity and the team is composed of experts around the world. L-IFT offers sound employment conditions including working from home with opportunities of personal growth and development. For more information, please visit www.l-ift.com. We are looking for a highly motivated capable professional to fill the post of Junior Data Analyst.
- The junior data analyst will be in charge of data quality assurance as well as data cleaning. We do research based on diaries data and this requires consistent checks for data quality.
- The analyst will be in contact with the supervisors and managers on the ground to follow up on any issue found on the data.
- They will also be required to be analytical and have the ability to generate statistical reports based on the data and interpret them.
- The analyst will work in a team and will be expected to give regular updates on their progress and be available for meetings and team activities
The following are ideal features that are considered for recruitment:
- Have completed a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, data science, or similar fields.
- Experience in using Microsoft Excel features to conduct data analysis such as pivot tables, Vlookup, and if-else statements.
- Experience in data analysis using a programing language (Python or R)
- Ability to provide written and oral interpretation of data and ability to present this data to others with different levels of expertise
- Experience in working with data management and analysis is an added advantage
- Strong problem solving and resolution skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English required due to the nature and level of interaction with other teams and senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- Able to work independently and happy to work at distance with colleagues from around the world, but without office and infrequent face-to-face interaction
- Own a computer and Android smart phone preferably with Android 8 or higher
- Characteristics: Motivated/committed; Young/Energetic/enthusiastic; Fast/pro-active (takes initiative to solve problems); Reliable/conscientious; Technology oriented; Interest in research; Good communicator; Modest; Non-judgmental; Organized/disciplined; Adoptable (Adjust easily with unpredictable situations), Inquisitive and curious.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete the Job Application form on our website: www.l-ift.com (which strictly requires applicants to write their motivation for applying and upload their CV). Deadline for application is on 30 April, 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please indicate clearly the exact position you applied for.
Click here to apply