Position: Junior data assistant (Nairobi, Kenya)
Employment Type: Junior Level, fixed term contract (Full Time)
Salary: As per the organization’s scale
L-IFT (Low Income Financial Transformation) is a Netherlands based Research Company specialized in diaries research and human centric program design. L-IFT uses a unique technology-led diaries research methodology to bring data empowerment to low-income communities which facilitates evidence-based policy design and service delivery. L-IFT conducts research projects in various countries and is building a wealth of data with refugees, youth, women micro-entrepreneurs, small holder farmers and corner shops. L-IFT has developed an app called FINBIT which it uses for data collection. The company is increasingly focusing on self-reported data and empowering people to use their own data for their development as entrepreneurs or employees.
L-IFT is an organization for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. We thrive on our diversity and the team is composed of experts around the world. L-IFT offers sound employment conditions including working from home with opportunities of personal growth and development. For more information, please visit www.l-ift.com. We are looking for a highly motivated capable professional to fill the post of Junior Data Assistant.
- The junior data analyst will be in charge of conversion of data from one format to the other. We use two different survey tools and harmonizing the data is a major role that will be handled by the data assistant.
- They will also be required to learn in-depth the working of our finbit survey tool and will ensure that the application is on air at all times.
- They may also be required to conduct data analysis and interpretation of the reports and to work closely with the data team in Nairobi and Addis Ababa.
- They will be required to regularly share their code and work documentation with the team lead for review and backups.
- They will also be required to be analytical and have the ability to generate statistical reports based on the data and interpret them.
- The analyst will work in a team and will be expected to give regular updates on their progress and be available for meetings and team activities
The following are ideal features that are considered for recruitment:
- Have completed a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, data science, or similar fields.
- Experience in using Microsoft Excel features to conduct data analysis such as pivot tables, Vlookup, and if-else statements.
- Experience in data analysis using a programing language (Python or R)
- Past experience in data analysis will be an added advantage
- Ability to provide written and oral interpretation of data and ability to present this data to others with different levels of expertise
- Experience in working with data management and analysis is an added advantage
- Strong problem solving and resolution skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English required due to the nature and level of interaction with other teams and senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- Able to work independently and happy to work at distance with colleagues from around the world, but without office and infrequent face-to-face interaction
- Own a computer and Android smart phone preferably with Android 8 or higher
- Characteristics: Motivated/committed; Young/Energetic/enthusiastic; Fast/pro-active (takes initiative to solve problems); Reliable/conscientious; Technology oriented; Interest in research; Good communicator; Modest; Non-judgmental; Organized/disciplined; Adoptable (Adjust easily with unpredictable situations), Inquisitive and curious.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete the Job Application form on our website: www.l-ift.com (which strictly requires applicants to write their motivation for applying and upload their CV). Deadline for application is on 30 April, 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please indicate clearly the exact position you applied for.
Click here to apply