Position: Junior Finance Officer (Kampala, Uganda)
Employment Type: Junior Level, fixed term contract (Full Time)
Salary: As per the organization’s scale
L-IFT (Low Income Financial Transformation) is a Netherlands based Research Company that specializes in diaries research. L-IFT identifies misunderstood needs of low-income people through a unique research of repeat interviews which enables evidence driven decision making. L-IFT conducts research projects in various countries including Ethiopia, Togo, Ghana, Uganda, Myanmar, Nigeria, Indonesia, Kenya, Morocco, Senegal, and Rwanda. The company is increasingly focusing on self-reported data and empowering people to use their own data for their development as entrepreneurs or employees. It is developing an app that is expected to be used by thousands of youths, women, refugees and other insufficiently understood groups.
In Uganda, L-IFT has had a presence since 2015 in central, eastern and western Uganda, working on projects ranging from. We currently run three different projects, one in Kampala focusing on micro women entrepreneurs, and two other projects in Nakivale (Isingiro district) and Kiryandongo district focusing on refugees. In Uganda L-IFT collaborates with CareerPath, a Ugandan NGO and the new position will work closely with the Executive Director and other staff at CareerPath.
L-IFT is an organization for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. We thrive on our diversity and the team is composed of experts around the world. L-IFT offers sound employment conditions including working from home with opportunities of personal growth and development. For more information, please visit www.l-ift.com.
If you are interested in working in this dynamic organization, there is now a vacancy. L-IFT is looking to hire a Junior Finance Officer to be based in Uganda who will work with the international team.
We are looking for an ambitious Junior Finance Officer to provide support to the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks as well as support to the country team in Kampala. You will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances.
Updating financial records and maintaining and verifying receipts are a large part of the junior accountant’s day-to-day work. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in spreadsheet programs and able to work comfortably with numbers and pay attention to detail. There will be procurement responsibilities, such as sourcing mobile phones, making payments and there will also be a range of other administrative and organisational work required. In consultation with the country manager, the candidate may also contribute to financial planning and forecasting and in business development.
The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department and help the company be fully aware of its financial condition. This way it can make the right decisions and accomplish long term success.
Your Key Result Areas for the job:
1. Compile a monthly budget – the estimation of expected costs/expenses for Projects (using excel)
2. Pay staff salaries on monthly basis using a payroll for all projects
3. Track/pay for all account expenditures
4. Make a weekly reconciliation of finances – using monthly report template – excel
5. Support procurements for the organization and partners
6. Update reports on google drive
7. Provide daily/bi-weekly plan and report of tasks
8. Perform other support tasks as assigned by the supervisors
- BSc/BA in accounting, finance, or another relevant field
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Great attention to detail
- Good with numbers and figures
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and Google Drive
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently and as part of a team.
- Capable of taking directions from supervisors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English required due to the nature and level of interaction with other teams and senior management.
- Comfortable handling and storing confidential financial information
- Can produce high-quality work regularly
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete the Job application form on our website: www.l-ift.com (which strictly requires applicants to write their motivation for applying and upload their CV). Deadline for application is on 30 June 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Click here to apply