Potential position (Anticipated Project):
Designation: Senior Researcher
Location: Uganda with regular travel to 2 to 3 refugee settlements
Duration: Total of 7 months (potentially up to 13 months), likely start February 2022
Time dedication: 2 to 3 days a week
Deadline to respond: 8th January 2022 (but we will review on a rolling basis)
Who we are:
L-IFT is a research company specialized in combining qualitative and quantitative research on financial inclusion, entrepreneurship, renewable energy, to name a few.
About the role:
L-IFT is seeking a senior researcher based in Uganda for a research project in refugee settlements regarding access to solar home systems for productive use, financing of solar systems and which form of delivery and financing works best. Once the best approach has been identified, the study will conduct an RCT to measure impact and effectiveness of that approach.
- Ability to manage a research study including recruiting and training the team, implementing surveys and interventions, quality control of collected data and reporting progress.
- Experience with survey software (ODK or Dooblo).
- Good technology and mobile phone skills, including GPS coordinates recording, using social media groups for monitoring, helping field team with technology issues.
- Experience in focus group discussions and supervision of comprehensive transcripts of these.
- Desired: skills in qualitative data/text analysis like Nvivo or ATLAS.ti (or otherwise RQDA, Taguette).
- Affinity with refugees, renewable energy, financial inclusion, Randomized Controlled Trials.
Anticipated Project: L-IFT has been shortlisted for an assignment from the WorldBank. It has all required skills in-house, but it would be a great asset if one person could take the lead in implementing the project, under expert guidance of senior L-IFT staff.
Interested to join our team for this tender?Click here to apply