L-IFT (Low Income Financial Transformation) is a Netherlands-based research company that uses a unique technology-led diaries research methodology to bring data empowerment to low-income communities which facilitates evidence-based policy design and service delivery. L-IFT conducts research projects in various countries.
L-IFT is collaborating with Finthropology, a research and consulting firm also based in the Netherlands. Finthropology helps organizations to understand their customers’ financial behavior and innovate to meet their needs, carrying out projects around the globe.
We are seeking a consultant to carry out qualitative research on financial inclusion in Morocco. The research is part of a larger five-country study that will examine the impact of particular financial service initiatives to help people save. The project will run from September 2021-March 2022, with field research taking place in November-December 2021.
The consultant will:
- Help the team analyze previous research carried out by the program
- Be part of a small team in Morocco undertaking around 75 interviews
- Contribute to the transcription and translation of the interviews
- Contribute to a 10-page report according to a pre-set format
Required Qualifications and Experience
Candidates should have:
- A Masters degree in a relevant field, such as anthropology, sociology, development studies, etc.
- Previous experience in microfinance/digital financial services related customer research
- Demonstrated ability to implement a qualitative research project in Morocco
- Demonstrated ability to l work in a research team
- Skills in qualitative analysis, and the ability to present this data to others with different levels of expertise
- Strong problem solving and resolution skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English required due to the nature and level of interaction with other teams and senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Ability to work independently and happy to work at distance with colleagues from around the world, but without office and infrequent face-to-face interaction
- Fluent English and Moroccan Arabic, spoken and written. Speaking French is an advantage.
How to apply
Candidates with the required profile and proven experiences, and a strong desire to work for L-IFT, are invited to complete the Job Application form on our website: www.l-ift.com (open-vacancies) (strictly required to use the application form for providing details, writing their motivation text and uploading their CV). The deadline for this application is 20 July 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Click here to apply