RWANDA Vacancy Announcement: OPPORTUNITY FOR FIVE PASSIONATE FIELD SUPERVISOR MODERATORS (one from each district and in Kigali City Gicumbi, Karongi, Bugesera, Ruhango, Kigali City)
L-IFT is supporting BRAC Rwanda Microfinance to design its human centric microfinance products. The study aims to give the opportunity to youth and women to participate in the design of financial services to serve their needs to and access suitable financial services for their current and future economic activities. To achieve this, we are recruiting Field Officers for four weeks to conduct a series of interviews with youth and women in the targeted districts and they will be supervised by mid-career researchers to ensure the quality of their work and provide continuous on job training. Other tasks are described under Job Description.
BRAC-Rwanda Microfinance started its operations early 2019 microfinance activities offers a wide range of financial solutions to people who have limited access to formal financial services. With the help of microfinance, families are able to enhance income, smooth consumption, build assets and reduce vulnerability to shocks.
L-IFT is a Netherlands based Social Enterprise specialized in diaries research and human centric program design. L-IFT’s methodology creates an environment of dialogue between the demand side (the people, the users) and the supply side (Public Sector, Private Sector and Development Partners). to enable disadvantaged, invisible people to build reliable data and leverage these for access to finance, jobs and business partners
Job Description: Introduction to the research community and liaise with local authorities. Supervise intake interviews and create a database in the area of at least 50 interviews or more, Conduct 5 Focus group discussions in the allocated district, covering at least 50 people. Submit required report, Supervise field officers in the allocated district with at least 50 individual interviews in the assigned district. Constantly visit the researchers in the field, supervising quality of their work, checking genuineness of all interviews Report daily to the management.
Characteristics of the candidates:
- The supervisor must have leadership and solution oriented management skills.
- Motivated and energetic
- Good with people, good listener and tolerant
- Technology orientation
- Committed to developing his/her
- The job requires extensive travel and flexible hours, including weekends.
- Period of the study from end of January to April 31st
- The assignment pays task based with stipend (average RWF 200,000 per week)
- Only people committed to stay entire period will be able to participate and be paid
The ideal candidate:
- Minimum Secondary school diploma, or University degree in the field of Economic or Finance t no previous work experience is necessary a training will be provided to enhance the skills of the candidate for the job.
- Required to be Member of the community of the study [Gicumbi, Karongi, Bugesera, Ruhango, Kigali City.]
- Minimum 18 years old (young people are encouraged to apply)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, Able to relate easily to people and inspire trust (good at encouraging people), Have good verbal and written communications, speak Kinyarwanda fluently, and speak good English
- Have some technology skills (phone skills and preferably some computer skills) and
- Have reasonable mathematical skills
What we offer:
- Very useful on-job training and experience working with the community Attaining skills and knowledge, including interview skills, data management skills, skills that may be useful in a range of professions and jobs
- Become part of L-IFT alumni and will get a chance to other work in the future
- Interesting and enjoyable work
Application Instructions: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the deadline. To apply for this position, please complete the Job Application form on our website: www.l-ift.com send the form with your motivation letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with the subject “Moderator – Microfinance Rwanda product design”. You can also use +251911179256 via WhatsApp or Viber to ask questions by text. Deadline for application is January 25th, 2020. We thank all applicants for their interest, but will only contact those that have been selected for an interview. We will not accept any phone calls about this position.